Saturday

I hope I am not ignorant

Ignorance: Someone who is unaware or uninformed, but should not be confuse with being unintelligent.

I used to think that, when someone do not know much, they are forgivable. But then again, it should not be an excuse not to have the initiative to find out about the matter. I find that ignorance relates to laziness. If I am ignorant to the laws, that's because I am lazy to check it out, and that can lead me to being arrested for breaking a law. So is ignorance punishable? Apparently, it does. It's a sin to be ignorant.

A: Hey psst, do you know C is gay? Now, don't say I told you!
B: Really? That's surprising, because he is married, isn't he?
A: Yes, but that's only a cover-up act. I saw C kissing a man in the cinema last night. I was there with my girlfriend and they were sitting in front of me. And of course they did not see me!
B: Wow. Hey, gays teaches their children to be gays as well. 
A: Huh? Where did you hear that from?
B: Well, it's true, because what else will they be teaching their kids, since they are gay.

Well, B is the case of being ignorance. They come out with their own information and lazy enough not to check it out, and start telling the world what they assumed to be the truth. This can be harmful to listeners who are really listening to someone like B.

Have I met many ignorant people? Who hasn't? Should I ignore them?


No comments: